Category : Uncategorized
- Numark NS6II Controller Review – Our look at Numark’s four-channel Serato DJ Pro controller
- Reloop Launches RP-4000 MK2 Budget DJ Turntable – An update to Reloop’s budget turntable has launched
- Zero To Hero, Part 12: Collaborate With Other Savvy DJs – Here’s how to work well with others
- Ask Alexa For Your Daily DJ News Headlines – Get us on your Amazon Echo device
- Evermix MixBox2 Hits Stores, Offers A New Way To Record & Share Your DJ Sets – Never miss recording another DJ set ever again
- Roland & UNIQLO Team Up For TR-808 Drum Machine T-Shirts – DJ/producer-themed swag from our friends in Japan
- IK Multimedia Releases iLoud Micro Monitors In White – These tiny speakers come in a new colourway
- DJ Skill Session #5: Camila Cabello + More [Pioneer DDJ-RR + Rekordbox DJ] – DJ Carlo Atendido serving up another killer routine
- Friday Five: The Formula For DJing Into Middle Age – Our weekly roundup of DJ news
- Traktor Pro 2 Tip: How To Get Custom Auto Playlists In Traktor – Our hack for “smart playlists” in Traktor
- iTunes Store To Close Within 12 Months, Says Source – Will downloads be a thing of the past in the next few years?
- Zero To Hero, Part 11: Why Old School Networking Is A Killer Trick for Smart DJs – Meeting and talking to people offline is a meaningful way to build your network
- Zero To Hero, Part 10: How To Turn Your Mixtapes Into A DJ/Producer Podcast – Put out mixes in one of the most popular forms of content today
- Beatport Acquires DJ Music Streaming Service Pulselocker – A relaunch of the failed streaming company is in the works
- Interview: Pioneer DJ’s Rik Parkinson Talks Social Media Platform Kuvo – Click to watch our exclusive interview
- New Chroma Cables Audio Series Now Available – DJ Techtools expands its Chroma Cables to include RCA jacks
- Friday Five: Killer Tracks That Will Save Any Set On Any Dancefloor – Our weekly roundup of DJ news
- Your Questions: How Can I Sort By More Than 1 Column In Serato DJ Pro? – Sort smarter with this tip for all you Serato DJ Pro users
“This is a job for life… DJs are not like footballers or pop stars – we don’t have a shelf life based on our age… the first wave of the bigDJs – Oakie, Pete Tong, Carl Cox, myself – we don’t know what the retirement age is. And no one seems to have noticed that we’re old, cos they don’t have posters of us on the wall. As long as we can make it to gigs, stay up till 6AM, and provide the service, no one seems to care how old we are. Which is good!” – Fatboy Slim
The biggest reason to get Mixing Power Skills right now if you haven’t already grabbed it is that it’s currently 35% off, saving you $100, as part of our Black Friday Week Sale.
This course will never be on sale for any less, making this the perfect time to buy Mixing Power Skills, and get 31 DJing techniques that will change the way you play forever into your life, without waiting another second.
Click here now to find out more about Mixing Power skills and grab a copy for $100 off – limited time only…
National Association of Mobile Entertainers and the 2017 New York DJCON
N.A.M.E. will be exhibiting at the 2017 New York DJCON,
Saturday, November 18th from 12 pm to 7 pm
Marriott Marquis in Times Square located at 1535 Broadway, New York, NY 10036
New York DJCON unites the global DJ community for one day of networking, education, innovation, inspiration and partying. Over 1000 people attended last year, please join N.A.M.E. this year for everything DJ: learn about exciting innovative technology from the world’s leading brands. There will be live DJ performances and celebrity appearances. Meet your favorite DJ’s from Radio and TV. Mix and mingle with legendary DJ’s and shop exclusive deals from top brands like Peavey, Pioneer DJ, Numark, Roland DAS Audio and more. Visit www.nydjcon.com to purchase your tickets now and learn more.
Use Code NAME FOR A 25% DISCOUNT .
We are offering our $99 Show Special for your annual N.A.M.E. membership fee which entitles you to our discount insurance rates as well as many other benefits.
- Jazzy Jeff Interview: “I Lost All My Tunes 5 Minutes Before A Gig” – We caught up with Jazzy Jeff at last week’s BPM | Pro show for an exclusive chat
- First Look: Reloop Touch Controller For Virtual DJ – Check out this four-deck, touchscreen controller
- First Look: Pioneer DJ DJS-1000 Sampler & Sequencer – We get a hands-on look at Pioneer DJ’s brand new device
- Kissy Sell Out Interview: “When They Say It Can’t Be Done, Find A Way To Do It!” – The high-energy performance DJ sits with us and shares his success tips
- BPM | PRO 2017 Roundup: The Last Ever BPM Show! – The best of what was on display at the show floor
- 4 Ways To Create Memorable DJ Shows That Pull Crowds – Advice on creating unforgettable performances
- How To Charge Higher Fees For Your Mobile DJ Gigs – Quick tips on positioning yourself to get paid better
- Ableton Live 9.7.5 Released: Is Live 10 Around The Corner? – Rumours about Ableton Live’s next big update have been making rounds on social media
- Pioneer DJ Announces DM-40BT Bluetooth Speakers – Check out these Bluetooth-equipped desktop monitors
- Should DJs Have A Profile On LinkedIn? – Here’s why it may be worth spending time on LinkedIn
- Friday Five: 10 Venues Where Dance Genres Were Invented – Our weekly roundup of DJ news from around the web
- Your Questions: Is It OK To DJ Off Of An External Hard Drive? – Our advice when it comes to spinning with tracks that aren’t on your laptop’s hard drive
- Over To You: Have You Ever Disappointed A Client? – Ever got a bad review from a wedding or function client? Our readers chime in…
“More than anything, I like the improvisation of jazz. That’s the same thing with DJing. There’s so much improvisation you can do… you’re capturing a vibe and just going with it.” – Jazzy Jeff
Weekly Emails and Tools for DJ’s provided by Digital DJ Tips
Shared by Phil Morse
- Head To Head: Technics 1200 MK2 Vs Pioneer DJ PLX-1000 – The legend goes against the newcomer in our latest Head To Head feature
- Pioneer DJ CDJ-2000NXS2 & DJM-900NXS2 Now Come In White – Pioneer DJ’s flagship media player and mixer get the limited edition treatment
- 5 Reasons Why Music Streaming Isn’t Quite Ready For DJs Yet – Here’s why downloading and owning your music is still crucial for DJs
- Pioneer DJ Unveils Gold DDJ-SX2-N Controller – This four-channel Serato DJ controller gets blinged out
- Music Gives You Goosebumps? You Could Be A “Natural” DJ… – Your brain may be wired differently if you react strongly to music
- Hercules Updates DJUCED 40 App, Adds Tweaks & Mix Out Feature – A new version of DJUCED 40 just rolled out
- Do We Really Need To Say “Female” DJs? – Do gender “tags” help or hurt?
- Friday Five: 7 Music Industry Facts You Need To Know – Our weekly roundup of DJ news from around the web
- Your Questions: Best Free Live Streaming Services For DJs? – Our suggestions for broadcasting your DJ sets
- Your Questions: How Do I Give A Toast As A Wedding DJ? – Or what to say about the couple when you don’t even know them personally
- Over To You: Where Can I Get DJ Insurance? – You may need coverage later on. Our readers chime in…
“I think there’s a time and place for any kind of music. Just as you never eat the same type of food all year round.” – Laidback Luke
Take one of our DJ courses: www.digitaldjtips.